These cookies have become a family favourite …
I first made them many years ago when my friends and I use to have cookie exchange parties.
They are perfect for cookie parties…
easy to make…
and you can make a lot of cookies in a short amount of time.
And who doesn’t love hazelnuts and chocolate…
- 1 cup butter at room temperature (250ml)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla 5ml
- 2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (575ml)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted (175ml)
- 60 unwrapped milk chocolate kisses (or for variety use different flavours of Hershey kisses)
- 3/4 cup icing sugar (175ml)
- In bowl beat together butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- In separate bowl whisk flour with hazelnuts; stir into butter mixture and blend well.
- Shape rounded teaspoons of mixture around each chocolate to completely cover chocolate.
- Place balls 1 inch apart on parchment lined rimless baking sheet.
- Bake in center of 350 degree (180c) oven until firm but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool on sheets; roll in icing sugar.
You can make ahead and freeze layering between wax paper in air tight container. I freeze the cookies prior to adding the icing sugar, then roll them in icing sugar once they have defrosted. Makes 60 cookies.
Pin for later: