Do you have a favourite nut?
I love almost all nuts…almonds are a favourite!
Almond cookies, tarts, cakes…not to mention chocolate covered!
In Portugal the almond trees bloom beautifully from January to March…it is no wonder that almonds are used in so many of our desserts.
Just a few simple ingredients and so easy to make…go ahead and give them a try.
And if you like Almond cookies here is another recipe for you to try…Almond Cookies
Pin it for later:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/3 cup light brown sugar (200 gr)
- 2 cups ground almonds (225gr)
- 3 ½ tbsp. all-purpose flour (25g)
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, add sugar, ground almonds, flour and cinnamon. Mix until well blended.
- Form cookies into small balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet, adding a blanched almond to each.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly brown. Makes 36 cookies.