I always assumed it was difficult to make Palmiers.
They look so delicate…am I wrong?
It really is the easiest recipe to make.
2 ingredients…ok…3! We added cinnamon.
My 16-year-old daughter made this batch along with a short video for instructions.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, defrosted
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a small bowl mix sugar with the cinnamon.
- Spread half the sugar mixture on a board, lay the puff pastry on top then sprinkle the pastry with the remaining sugar mixture.
- With a rolling-pin, roll out the dough slightly to adhere the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Fold the pastry sheet inward to the middle from both sides, repeat the fold and finally bring the two sides together.
- Freeze for 10 minutes (you can refrigerate for 10 minutes if your pastry is still cold).
- Cut with a sharp knife into thin slices and place slices cut side up on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
Ok so the ones in the video came out a little lopsided…hey I blame it on the puff pastry! It was a little soft. So if you want yours to look more professional make sure your folds are the same size.
Love having you drop by. Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you.
Linking up to: