I’m a “Cosmo” Girl
Way before it became popular on Sex and the City
But I understand why it became their drink
It’s sexy. Just look at it!
Cosmopolitan Cocktail (photo credit)
Served in a cocktail glass, it exudes, elegance, flair and style. Even the colour emanates pizazz!
Wannabe “Sex and the City” Girls
The last time I went out with the “girls”, I ordered a Cosmo and regrettably wore it home. I’m a klutz…spiller…considered overzealous at times…you name it. When I speak, my hands flail in the air like a madwoman. I can’t help myself. So what is a girl to do? Order another one of course. And this one I actually drank.
There are several ways to make a Cosmo but here is my favourite. Enjoy.
- 1 oz (3 cl) Cranberry juice
- 0.5 oz (1.5 cl) Lime juice
- 0.5 oz (1.5 cl) Cointreau (liqueur, orange)
- 1.25 oz (3.75 cl) Vodka
- 1 Lime or lemon
- Have all ingredients, accessories and garnishes ready. Including a cocktail shaker.
- Pour the cointreau, cranberry juice, lime juice, and vodka into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well and strain into cocktail glass.
- Garnish with lime wedge or lemon slice.
- If you're like me, I like my drink in a chilled glass for a cool effect. Simply chill the cocktail glass with ice beforehand, pour it out, and then pour the ingredients in the glass.
Margaret is a “Caipirão” Girl
When she visited Portugal in 2009 she had her first Caipirão at a family wedding. She was so impressed that she begged the bartender to show her how to make it. She has never looked back!
Margaret’s Caipirão recipe. Enjoy.
- 2 oz Licor Beirao
- 1/2 sliced lime
- 1 tsp brown sugar (optional)
- Add sliced lime and sugar to an old-fashioned glass.
- Crush and pour the Licor Beirao into the glass.
- Add crushed ice and stir well.
Whose drink is your favourite? Leave us a comment.