I had some free time on my hands and decided to get busy with
some glass vases from the Dollar store …
Unfortunately I didn’t get a before photo of the shorter vase…
I am always rushing through projects and only remember my camera half way through.
The previous owners of our farm left us some Martha Stewart paint and it was the perfect colour for this project.
I simply swirled some of the paint inside the vases and let the excess drip off. I had to clean the edges several times but it was well worth it.
I still have some paint left and so I will be looking for another dollar store vase in a different shape to add to this collection.
My second project was actually easier to do…
I have had these three glass bottles for years, they were clear glass and I had them on display many years ago on top of my kitchen cabinets. While using some left over Annie Sloan Old White chalk paint to paint some pine cones last Christmas I decided to take a brush to these bottles.
It took three coats of paint to completely cover the bottles.
I sanded them lightly with very light sand paper but you can use steel wool.
I am very pleased with the results and both projects cost only a few dollars.
Thanks for visiting,