How can one go wrong with Shortbread cookies for the Holidays. They are a must have…add pieces of Toblerone and you just took Shortbread up a notch.
My daughter is working in England this year and decided to make these cookies for her colleagues. She rolled the dough and sliced it, I like to just drop the dough by spoonfuls, the cookies will not be as thin. Either way they are wonderful with a cup of tea.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 2 bars (100 g each) Toblerone Swiss Milk Chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl with mixer on high speed beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add vanilla.
- Mix flour and cornstarch.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the chocolate pieces.
- Roll dough into log and slice or drop by heaping tablespoonfuls, 1 inch apart, onto baking sheets.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool for 5 min.before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Snack works
Hope you are enjoying this wonderful time of the year with your loved ones.
Enjoy every moment!
linking up to: