We love fish and all kinds of seafood…that being said, it can be costly. I love to make dinners that are quick and simple without too many ingredients. Adding whiting slices to this shrimp recipe makes for a hardy meal that will serve 4 to 5 people. Whiting is very inexpensive and cooks very fast.
You can always substitute the whiting with cod or even salmon. But if you find whiting at the grocery store, go ahead and try it…you won’t be disappointed! If you like spicy then be sure to add some hot pepper flakes as well.
- 705 gr sliced whiting
- 500 gr large shrimp, deveined
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- large onion,chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 beer (your favourite brand)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- Over medium heat , add olive oil, onion and garlic to a large deep skillet.
- Saute until onions are tender.
- Add diced tomatoes, red pepper and bay leaf. Add some of the beer so that ingredients do not stick.
- Allow to cook until tomato has softened and broken up.
- Add fish, followed by shrimp and the rest of the beer. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until fish and shrimp are cooked, about 7 minutes.
Hope you try this recipe, let us know what you think.
Linking up to: